Smoked Clams?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking falcon

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Ohio
So just today I was wondering ( I don't know why, I'm not necessisarily a fanatic about clams) if anyone has done a clambake in the smoker? I guess I was thinking of additional ways to use a big smoker for a fundraiser and this came to mind. I don't even know the first thing about clambakes except that I don't think they are even really baked anymore. I hear that they're boiled...

Anyway, Maybe this will spark some conversation on this "non fish seafood" thread.

Dennis

Dennis,

Check out the thread I started on Freshwater mussels. It might give you some ideas...

I've not tried clams cooked only in the smoker...but I do like to grill them with a touch of wood smoke in a foil packet. Then I eat 'em dipped in a little seasoned garlic butter.

Cheers,
Brian

In the past I have smoked razor clams from the wash.coast .We dig them out of the sand . any way it was very easy to get them to salty, even with a lot of rinsing . so use a brine for only about 1 hour or so .Then rinse well and smoke at low heat . Watch them close they dry out easily. And thats all I know about it . Have fun....

yummm clams!!! i buy littlenecks being a relocated new yorker to jacksonville florida i buy farm raised littlenecks 20$ for 100 clams at a local fishery i soak them in water for a while to remove sand than steam them, dip in melted real butter yummm

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky