Smoked Cinnamon Caramel Apples with Q-View

Discussion in 'Fruit, Nuts & Vegetables' started by teeznuts, Jun 20, 2011.

1. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

I took 6 "pink lady" apples and cored them leaving the bottom in tact. I dropped a caramel candy in each and then filled each with a mixture of sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Next I put a slice of butter in the top of each one, followed by 2 more caramel candies stuffed in. Placed in the MES at 270 for approximately an hour, smoked with apple wood and apple juice in the water pan. Pulled them off when they were oozing yummyness out the top and split and served with a big scoop of Breyers Vanilla Bean ice cream. Enjoy! I sure did.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Money Shot!!! Look at that dripping, sticky, ooey, gooey goodness.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks delicious!! I love smoked apples.. thanks for sharing your recipe!

3. teeznuts

Thanks for looking. It was actually an experiment since I couldn't find too many recipes on here to copy. Next time I'm wrapping in dough. Was that one your recipe?

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Those are not on the to do list. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe

5. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!

Great Shot!

Todd

6. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That looks freakin' Awesome!!!!  [​IMG]

At 270˚ for one hour, do they get soft like apples in an apple pie, or would I have to go longer?

That's the way I like them.

Thanks,

Bear

7. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Very tasty looking!!

Yummie!

Craig

8. terry colwell

terry colwell Smoking Fanatic

OMG,,, I love it.... what a good job, that ice cream picture is to die for,,,lol...man I love the stuff you all come up with.

9. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW that looks awesome!!!!!

[​IMG]

10. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thank god I saw this post at work and not at home, if my wife saw that money shot over my shoulder I would be sent to the store for ingredients post haste! LOL

11. Oh yeah! That is an awesome idea. That's one of the most delicious things I have ever seen. I just want to reach through the screen and get me some.  [​IMG]   A little Grand Marnier and it could be Smoked Apples Foster. Easily an $8 dessert in any fine uptown restaurante. [​IMG]

12. teeznuts

They get pretty soft but not quite apple pie soft.

13. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

OH MY GOD! Those look incredible!   [​IMG]

14. mr t 59874

mr t 59874 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

The dough idea sounds like a good one.  Maybe sugar coated.  Let us know when you try It.  If I beat you I'll do the same.

Mr.T

" If it fit's, smoke it."

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  15. Maybe like something flaky like phillo dough or some kind of pastry type dough. Ooooh it could be Apples Wellington. [​IMG]

16. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Brought these over to a friend's party yesterday and put them in HIS smoker (felt a little strange opening another man's smoker -- kind of like making a pass at his wife!! [​IMG]).  I did ask permission, but it still felt strange....

He had BBR's on with hickory, which I thought would be a bit harsh for the apples.  Turned out great though -- ice cream and all.  [​IMG]

Thanks for a great idea!  Everyone loved them!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  17. bakerboy7

bakerboy7 Smoke Blower

Oh, they look real good!  Betcha they'd be great wrapped in bacon.

Chris

18. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

i will take one...lol those look great

19. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great Looking Carmel Apples...

20. teeznuts

Thanks so much. Being a newbie here I'm flattered that someone tried something I posted and even more flattered that it was a hit. I'm going to do some more soon but probably try peeling the skin first.

Thanks again.