Smoked Cinnamon Caramel Apples with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teeznuts

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Central Cali
I took 6 "pink lady" apples and cored them leaving the bottom in tact. I dropped a caramel candy in each and then filled each with a mixture of sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Next I put a slice of butter in the top of each one, followed by 2 more caramel candies stuffed in. Placed in the MES at 270 for approximately an hour, smoked with apple wood and apple juice in the water pan. Pulled them off when they were oozing yummyness out the top and split and served with a big scoop of Breyers Vanilla Bean ice cream. Enjoy! I sure did.

46a0601c_IMGP2177.jpg
3c5aa962_IMGP2179.jpg
d0341733_IMGP2181.jpg
f2819b06_IMGP2184.jpg
08ba07ac_IMGP2188.jpg
fe3ec284_IMGP2194.jpg
b2ceca49_IMGP2198.jpg
faf08728_IMGP2207.jpg
1638ede3_IMGP2215.jpg

Money Shot!!! Look at that dripping, sticky, ooey, gooey goodness.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking. It was actually an experiment since I couldn't find too many recipes on here to copy. Next time I'm wrapping in dough. Was that one your recipe?

Those are not on the to do list. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe

That looks freakin' Awesome!!!!  
icon14.gif

At 270˚ for one hour, do they get soft like apples in an apple pie, or would I have to go longer?

That's the way I like them.

Thanks,

Bear

Thank god I saw this post at work and not at home, if my wife saw that money shot over my shoulder I would be sent to the store for ingredients post haste! LOL

Oh yeah! That is an awesome idea. That's one of the most delicious things I have ever seen. I just want to reach through the screen and get me some. 
drool.gif
  A little Grand Marnier and it could be Smoked Apples Foster. Easily an $8 dessert in any fine uptown restaurante.
thumb1.gif

Thanks for looking. It was actually an experiment since I couldn't find too many recipes on here to copy. Next time I'm wrapping in dough. Was that one your recipe?
The dough idea sounds like a good one.  Maybe sugar coated.  Let us know when you try It.  If I beat you I'll do the same.

Mr.T

" If it fit's, smoke it."

Last edited:
Brought these over to a friend's party yesterday and put them in HIS smoker (felt a little strange opening another man's smoker -- kind of like making a pass at his wife!!
no_no.gif
).  I did ask permission, but it still felt strange....

He had BBR's on with hickory, which I thought would be a bit harsh for the apples.  Turned out great though -- ice cream and all. 
thumb1.gif

Thanks for a great idea!  Everyone loved them!

Last edited:
Brought these over to a friend's party yesterday and put them in HIS smoker (felt a little strange opening another man's smoker -- kind of like making a pass at his wife!!
no_no.gif
).  I did ask permission, but it still felt strange....

He had BBR's on with hickory, which I thought would be a bit harsh for the apples.  Turned out great though -- ice cream and all. 
thumb1.gif

Thanks for a great idea!  Everyone loved them!
Thanks so much. Being a newbie here I'm flattered that someone tried something I posted and even more flattered that it was a hit. I'm going to do some more soon but probably try peeling the skin first.

Thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky