Smoked chucky.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I've been a busy little boy in the kitchen lately. And last nights meal was a great end for the weekend.
Started in the morning by taking a chuck roast that was sitting in the fridge all rubbed and ready to go.

OI000036.jpg

A nice rub of Pitfaced BBQ On point rub.

OI000039.jpg

This was after 5 hours at 225 in the smoker using apple pellets in the tray. It then went in the oven to finish. It got probe tender at 202 IT.

OI000041.jpg

Plated up! Used the drippings with beef broth, mushrooms, and onions. Thickened slightly with corn starch. Served with cabbage slaw and fresh mashed.
The meat was off the charts. Awesome flavor, tender, and moist.

Looks real good Steve. I've only made Chuck Roasts in Crock Pot. So you make this on the Smoker similar to Brisket? But takes less cook time because it's smaller? I'd like to try this way, as I don't like the crock pot method, but the Mrs. does, get it? LOL. Nice work, and I love slaw with most meals.

Absolutely gorgeous piece of work Steve, I'd be all over that, Like! I've got a 3,25 pounder I've been thinking of smoking for a few hours and the tossing into the crockpot with some onions and shrooms, mix the leftovers with some pulled pork for enchiladas. I bet some of your leftovers with a few eggs would be a great way to start the day! RAY

Good looking chuckie Steve! Been too long since ive done one. Mash and onion mushroom gravy looks killer too!

I've been a busy little boy in the kitchen lately. And last nights meal was a great end for the weekend.
Started in the morning by taking a chuck roast that was sitting in the fridge all rubbed and ready to go.

View attachment 479658
A nice rub of Pitfaced BBQ On point rub.

View attachment 479659
This was after 5 hours at 225 in the smoker using apple pellets in the tray. It then went in the oven to finish. It got probe tender at 202 IT.

View attachment 479660
Plated up! Used the drippings with beef broth, mushrooms, and onions. Thickened slightly with corn starch. Served with cabbage slaw and fresh mashed.
The meat was off the charts. Awesome flavor, tender, and moist.

Looks Tasty. One of my favorite things to smoke.

Nothing wrong with any of that meal...JJ

Looks good Steve. I’ve been doing chuckies in the SV hot tub of late, and have never smoked one ... will be nice to try for a change of pace.

Great looking chucky Steve! That plate of food looks amazing with the taters and gravy!

Ryan

Good looking meal Steve. I had to work this past weekend so it was freezer food for me. I'm jealous.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks real good Steve. I've only made Chuck Roasts in Crock Pot. So you make this on the Smoker similar to Brisket? But takes less cook time because it's smaller? I'd like to try this way, as I don't like the crock pot method, but the Mrs. does, get it? LOL. Nice work, and I love slaw with most meals.
Thanks! Yes, pretty much the same way as brisket. Though I finish in the oven covered in foil.

That picture after 5 hours? I know you will not believe me, but I can smell it.
lol! Thanks Charlie!

Absolutely gorgeous piece of work Steve, I'd be all over that, Like! I've got a 3,25 pounder I've been thinking of smoking for a few hours and the tossing into the crockpot with some onions and shrooms, mix the leftovers with some pulled pork for enchiladas. I bet some of your leftovers with a few eggs would be a great way to start the day! RAY
Thank you Ray! THe leftovers from this is going into a pot of chili I believe.

That looks awesome man, nice smoke on that chucky!
Thank you!

Good looking chuckie Steve! Been too long since ive done one. Mash and onion mushroom gravy looks killer too!
Thanks Travis!

Looks great Steve
Thanks Jake!

Looks Tasty. One of my favorite things to smoke.
Thank you!

Nothing wrong with any of that meal...JJ
Thanks Jimmy!

Nice looking Chuckie and a great looking plate. Well done Steve.

Warren
Thank you Warren!

Looks spot on- love the mushrooms on top!
Thanks!

Looks good Steve. I’ve been doing chuckies in the SV hot tub of late, and have never smoked one ... will be nice to try for a change of pace.
Thank you!

lol! Thanks bud!

Great looking chucky Steve! That plate of food looks amazing with the taters and gravy!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!

great looking meal Steve!
Thank you Jim!

Good looking meal Steve. I had to work this past weekend so it was freezer food for me. I'm jealous.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! I'm working this coming weekend. I know how that feels.

Looks Great, Steve!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear!

Looks really good. How long did it go finishing in the oven?
Thank you! It took another 2.5 hours to finish in the oven to go from 160 to 202IT.

Wow that looks good!! Never done one in the oven but have done a couple that were smoked for 6-8 hours then finished the next day in the slow cooker. Something about a chuckie and mashed taters that just can't be beat!! Great job buddy.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky