Smoked Chicken Stock

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

You can also "can" the stock as well.  If you are running out of room in the freezer.

Kat
I am currently experimenting "canning" using vacuum pouches. These should take up less room than traditional jars.

I make smoked turkey stock every year after thanksgiving. I always pressure can my stock. The best stock is the easiest to make.

Place 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a Qt. jar add 1 tsp. salt and fill with boiling water and pressure can for 90 min. This makes wonderful chicken sandwiches because it pulls apart and shreds so easily. You'll get just about 2 cups of perfect stock to use as the leftover from emptying the jar. Its a 2 for 1 bonus.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky