Smoked chicken and potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
This was supposed to be Saturday's cook except the chicken was still frozen and wasn't going to bump what had on last night (pizza) My daughter "hates" Pizza. NOT.

So tonight's dinner was smoked chicken pieces with smoked baked potatoes. Used a rub that works well with chicken (paprika is dominant seasoning) and let it go for 3 hours in MES at 250. THese birds were bigger so needed higher temp. Used hickory wood chips. All tender and tasty.

Question for ya: I put the rub on chicken and as chicken skin does not get crispy in an electric, it is almost waster. Would I be better to inject chicken stock and paprika mix? Would seasonings clog up the injector?

Attachments

• 20220627_181949.jpg
    20220627_181949.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: yeana
Good looking meal bud. Not ALL the flavor from the rub is lost on the skin but some is for sure. I rub under the skin as well as on top. It's easy to break the skin loose and get your hand under there. Injections are definitely a good way to get flavor into the bird. If you have a course rub in the injection then you'll need a special needle

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky