Smoked Cayenne Pepper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice
I haven’t smoked chilis in many years. Wife doesn’t like the flavor and I don’t go through much

I agree
Do you have a thread on your build?
Sorry but I don't have a thread on it. But can explain it pretty quick with some pics. Slide the ash pan out and cut the end with the intake off. Drilled a bunch of holes in the ash pan and flipped it upside down for the heat deflector or whatever people are calling it. The fit was perfect. The exhaust is from a traeger I never really use and the firebox is obviously a propane tank I cut to fit. Its all held together with angle iron, stainless hardware and stainless rivets. Probably easier just to buy one since its a cheap chargriller but I like to experiment. I will say, I enjoy the smaller size. Heats up really fast and uses less coal. Screenshot_20231016_162511_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20231016_162547_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: Fueling Around
Twice a year the town I live in has a huge rummage sale. Spring and fall cleanup.
Amazing the stuff people toss.
I could probably find a little barrel on the curb same as I got my kettle.

I love to build and will end up spending more time and material than purchasing, too.

Reactions: crippledcracker
Twice a year the town I live in has a huge rummage sale. Spring and fall cleanup.

I love to build and will end up spending more time and material than purchasing, too.

Years ago there were some good finds here but not so much anymore. This town has changed so much and definitely not for the better. Everything is million dollar home built side by side with zero yard space. Pretty sure most of them have no idea what a smoker actually is, so there are never any good finds on the side of the road anymore. A friend of mine recently found me a weber kettle lid which I needed since my other lid was damaged. Funny thing is, I modified the the damaged lid and use it more than the other one. 20220404_175107.jpg

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky