SMOKED CAPRESE TURKEY MEATLOAF ...CHALLENGE WITH DISCO!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I agree with Bearcarver Bearcarver way over my head! But I will say being a food challenge I believe there are always judges that get to actually taste the food... so being impartial as I am and since I seem to be located roughly halfway between the two (give or take a hundred miles or maybe more) I offer up my taste testing services! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Reactions: Sowsage
Travis that food poetry. As other said the meatloaf with the mozzarella balls is astounding. Disco your sandwich makes me want to lick my phone but I gotta give the edge in the battle round to Travis.

Reactions: disco and Sowsage
Travis that food poetry. As other said the meatloaf with the mozzarella balls is astounding. Disco your sandwich makes me want to lick my phone but I gotta give the edge in the battle round to Travis.
Thanks Jeff! All that cheese really made it great!

Reactions: jcam222
Both dishes looked and sounded great! I'm a fan of Simple, a few flavorful ingredients and let them shine. I was loving the Caprese Chicken Sandwich until the Dry Basil was added. It is just not a flavor I enjoy and many people find even a little can over power a dish. Fresh Herbs, even in a dredge, offers a superior flavor. Toasting the Cheese to melt it was a fabulous idea. Heating the Tomatoes dries them a bit, concentrating their flavor, inspired. Chicken Thigh was a good choice for it's flavor and juiciness. The Balsamic Vinaigrette pulled the sandwich together and provided the Acid to brighten the flavors.
In contrast, the meatloaf plate has a lot going for it with one exception...Too much of a Good Thing, is not good! Just like guys that serve, Smoked Pork, with Smoked Mac n' Chz, Smoked Ham Hock Collard Greens and Smoked Apple Pie for dessert. The Caprese Pasta Salad went a bit too far.
The Meatloaf with the Mozz, Basil and SUNDRIES TOMATOES? Brilliant! The Balsamic Glaze? Perfection! Asparagus is a favorite veg of mine, good call.
The Salad, while I'm confident it was Delicious, it would better highlight, that Balsamic Glaze on any Grilled Meat, Chicken to Shrimp, than doubling down with the Meatloaf flavors.

Frankly...Both have many highs and a low. I'm calling it a Tie! You BOTH made great food...JJ

Can't I have the sandwich for lunch. . And that meatloaf for dinner? I would pass on the salad with the meatloaf though. Not that it doesn't look good. It just doesn't pair with the meatloaf IMHO. Now, if you'd have had garlic mashed taters with the asparagus...
That sandwich looks fantastic. And is on my short list. All the same. I think Travis took the win here.

Reactions: disco
Man that one delicious looking meal!
The meatloaf is outstanding, I will use your cheese idea in my next meatloaf!
Al

Both dishes looked and sounded great! I'm a fan of Simple, a few flavorful ingredients and let them shine. I was loving the Caprese Chicken Sandwich until the Dry Basil was added. It is just not a flavor I enjoy and many people find even a little can over power a dish. Fresh Herbs, even in a dredge, offers a superior flavor. Toasting the Cheese to melt it was a fabulous idea. Heating the Tomatoes dries them a bit, concentrating their flavor, inspired. Chicken Thigh was a good choice for it's flavor and juiciness. The Balsamic Vinaigrette pulled the sandwich together and provided the Acid to brighten the flavors.
In contrast, the meatloaf plate has a lot going for it with one exception...Too much of a Good Thing, is not good! Just like guys that serve, Smoked Pork, with Smoked Mac n' Chz, Smoked Ham Hock Collard Greens and Smoked Apple Pie for dessert. The Caprese Pasta Salad went a bit too far.
The Meatloaf with the Mozz, Basil and SUNDRIES TOMATOES? Brilliant! The Balsamic Glaze? Perfection! Asparagus is a favorite veg of mine, good call.
The Salad, while I'm confident it was Delicious, it would better highlight, that Balsamic Glaze on any Grilled Meat, Chicken to Shrimp, than doubling down with the Meatloaf flavors.

Frankly...Both have many highs and a low. I'm calling it a Tie! You BOTH made great food...JJ
Thanks JJ. I was woried about doubling up on the "caprese" . I agree with you. Although I will say for both having the same ingredients the flavors were completely different. Amazing the the different things that can be created out of the same ingredients. I appreciate the constructive criticism and honesty. I highly respect your educated opinions. disco disco brought a heck of a sandwich to the table and I would sit down to one of those any day. I'll actually be making it this week for one of our meals this week!

Can't I have the sandwich for lunch. . And that meatloaf for dinner? I would pass on the salad with the meatloaf though. Not that it doesn't look good. It just doesn't pair with the meatloaf IMHO. Now, if you'd have had garlic mashed taters with the asparagus...
That sandwich looks fantastic. And is on my short list. All the same. I think Travis took the win here.
Thanks Steve , garlic mashed potatoes would have went well with this I agree!

Man that one delicious looking meal!
The meatloaf is outstanding, I will use your cheese idea in my next meatloaf!
Al
Thanks Al! Those little motzarella pearls worked perfectly!

HYb.gif

Just beautiful looks delicious. Will agree with Robert was brilliant to put the balls in the meat. Nice job man!

I agree with your judgement!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky