Smoked Candied Apples

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Iowa
I read this on a website somewhere and think it sounds amazing. I will see if I can find the site and post a link.

Take a Big apple, Core it, skin the top 3/4 of it from top to bottom, leave the skin on the bottom 1/4 of the apple. Then shove your favorite candy bar in the cored out area. Then pack with brown sugar and cover in foil. Throw in the smoker for 1-2 hours while your waiting for the rest of your food to finish and wallah!

This is on my agenda for this weekend. I will post some pics.

It kind of sounds like a variation of candy apples that I do in a dutch oven. Instead of filling the cored out area with a candy bar, I fill the cored out area about 1/2 full with cinnamon hearts candy then add a couple of caramel squares on the remaining area and bake at 350* for about 45 minutes.

We can call them "ballagh wallah apples"
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky