• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Candied Apples

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 23, 2006
I read this on a website somewhere and think it sounds amazing. I will see if I can find the site and post a link.

Take a Big apple, Core it, skin the top 3/4 of it from top to bottom, leave the skin on the bottom 1/4 of the apple. Then shove your favorite candy bar in the cored out area. Then pack with brown sugar and cover in foil. Throw in the smoker for 1-2 hours while your waiting for the rest of your food to finish and wallah!

This is on my agenda for this weekend. I will post some pics.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
It kind of sounds like a variation of candy apples that I do in a dutch oven. Instead of filling the cored out area with a candy bar, I fill the cored out area about 1/2 full with cinnamon hearts candy then add a couple of caramel squares on the remaining area and bake at 350* for about 45 minutes.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
That sounds good to Dutch. But then it's be pretty hard to make an apple taste bad.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.