Smoked Cabbage Rolls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After reading this as torture, I say that because we're desperately needing to cut back on the meat and fat to lose weight. Last night I made some Butternut Squash with onion, apples, sweet red peppers, barley, thyme and salt and pepper. It needed something else and I'm guess nutmeg, but when I saw this post, I thought that mixture would be great stuffed in cabbage rolls and smoked. I am SO doing this! Thanks!

Thanks so much!
Nice job Alesia! Those cabbage rolls look great.
Oh my the Butternut Squash dish you made sounds really good...yep a touch of nutmeg would add a nice flavor. I'll bet it would be good in the cabbage rolls.
After reading this as torture, I say that because we're desperately needing to cut back on the meat and fat to lose weight. Last night I made some Butternut Squash with onion, apples, sweet red peppers, barley, thyme and salt and pepper. It needed something else and I'm guess nutmeg, but when I saw this post, I thought that mixture would be great stuffed in cabbage rolls and smoked. I am SO doing this! Thanks!

SmokinHusker you just made my day!

Back home I used to go the super lazy route of making cabbage rolls, by using cambells soup poured over the top. They always turned out fantastic, so I saw no other reason to try any other method. I can't get Campbells soup where I live now, let alone condensed tomato soup. I've been a bit disheartened over losing my beloved cabbage rolls flavor. BUT I'm thinking that your recipe will be a super replacement! Smoking cabbage rolls. I would have never thunk.

Thanks for the share!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky