Smoked burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Been awhile as charcoal unit away for winter and the MES doesnt like getting wet. It works which is the main thing.

Today is an important day for my wife and I. She moved from Sacramento to my home in Hamilton (Canada) 13 years ago. Light snow was how the pilot told the passengers of weather conditions. He omitted the blowing wind part and the cold as she in essence landed in a storm with makings of a blizzard. Didnt tell her that part for a few days.

Smoked beef burgers at 250 for 1 hour using hickory. Nice smoke taste without overpowering. The burgers were seasoned with mustard, garlic and onion.

The burgers weren't quite done (only 145F) so brought them in and pan fried to finish. In the last minute put some blue cheese on it.

Bought a pasta salad at the grocery store as a side

Yummy

Attachments

• 20221216_181419.jpg
    20221216_181419.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 13
Been awhile as charcoal unit away for winter and the MES doesnt like getting wet. It works which is the main thing.

Today is an important day for my wife and I. She moved from Sacramento to my home in Hamilton (Canada) 13 years ago. Light snow was how the pilot told the passengers of weather conditions. He omitted the blowing wind part and the cold as she in essence landed in a storm with makings of a blizzard. Didnt tell her that part for a few days.

Smoked beef burgers at 250 for 1 hour using hickory. Nice smoke taste without overpowering. The burgers were seasoned with mustard, garlic and onion.

The burgers weren't quite done (only 145F) so brought them in and pan fried to finish. In the last minute put some blue cheese on it.

Bought a pasta salad at the grocery store as a side

Yummy
I live in n sac near highlands high school tell her i said WASSSSSUPPPPPPP lol. Nice burgers always need a little char on em anyway so sounds like a winner. I am a Blue Jays fan btw O.o lol dad took me to a game on a business trip against the A's in the 80's when I was a kid.

Congrats on 13 years!! Nice burgers! I love smoked burgers, often do them while doing longer smokes and am convinced it’s one of the best burgers.

Congratulations! Had my first smoked burger about 30 years ago at Oly's bar in
Santa Maria/Solvang area. He was quite the character but made a killer burger that I still
make today.
Thanks for bring it up again!

Reactions: jcam222
Congratulations! Had my first smoked burger about 30 years ago at Oly's bar in
Santa Maria/Solvang area. He was quite the character but made a killer burger that I still
make today.
Thanks for bring it up again!
Fairly easy to make. Just need to allow enough time.

I live in n sac near highlands high school tell her i said WASSSSSUPPPPPPP lol. Nice burgers always need a little char on em anyway so sounds like a winner. I am a Blue Jays fan btw O.o lol dad took me to a game on a business trip against the A's in the 80's when I was a kid.
My wife was at one point in that area.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky