Smoked Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Decided to take a break from the smashed burgers and do some smoked. Started with some 73/27 beef seasoned with Weber Burger.

20220227_150731.jpg

Onto the RecTec with hickory pellets and chips in tube at 225. One hour temped at 135. Pulled 5 off to be used for something? Can say the best Sloppy Joe every made came from smoked burgers. Maybe that and some enchilada's.

20220227_162824.jpg 20220227_162827.jpg 20220227_163145.jpg

Put some cheese on last and took to 145. Served up with some corn, Jeff's wifes Keto coleslaw and my Habanero Pickles. Thanks to Steve for getting me started with these!

20220227_151213.jpg 20220227_154057.jpg

20220227_164321.jpg 20220227_164412.jpg

Looks delicious Brian!!
I smoke ground beef for chili, but for some reason I have never just smoked a burger. I guess that will be our next burger night.
Al

+1 for Smoked Burgers!!!!

We have found that we can't do anything but smoke burgers any longer :) One nigh a few weeks ago, was short on time, so grilled them on the pellet grill at 350, and while they were OK, they were not nearly as good smoking at 225! And we haven't had a Bubba (or similar frozen) burger in over a year - so much better to make them ourselves.

Those look awesome! They make me feel like spring is around the corner and I can smell those delicious burger juices! I haven't done a smoked burger, but it is now on my list! Great work!

Very nice Brian! I like how you smoked the onions as well. Steve H Steve H has me making pickles and red onions as well. I have been adding a couple of ghost peppers to the jars for both, it gives them some kick without the serious burn.

Love me some smoked burgers. I normally do smaller slider sized ones, but they all turn out good. So very different from a grilled or griddled burger, in a good way. 👍
Also, ground lamb burgers smoked are nice and tasty.

Looks Great !!
I'd have to fry the onions harder, but that's just me.
Nice Job Brian!
Like.

Bear

Smoked is the only way we do them anymore. Very tasty and so much easier. Usually use hickory for smoke and spog for seasoning. Yumm.

Great job!
Looks really good!
Thanks Justin
Love some smoked burgers! Yours look great!
Jim
Thanks Jim
Looks great Brian .
Thanks Rich
Looks delicious Brian!!
I smoke ground beef for chili, but for some reason I have never just smoked a burger. I guess that will be our next burger night.
Al
Thanks Al. Smoked burgers are so good. Great smoke flavor and juicy. I don't even find the need to sear them.
Great lookin burgers Brian!
Thanks Dave
+1 for Smoked Burgers!!!!

We have found that we can't do anything but smoke burgers any longer :) One nigh a few weeks ago, was short on time, so grilled them on the pellet grill at 350, and while they were OK, they were not nearly as good smoking at 225! And we haven't had a Bubba (or similar frozen) burger in over a year - so much better to make them ourselves.
It seems hard for me to get away from smashed but these are just as good.
Looks good Brian, and perfectly cooked!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan
Those look awesome! They make me feel like spring is around the corner and I can smell those delicious burger juices! I haven't done a smoked burger, but it is now on my list! Great work!
Thanks Jed
Very nice Brian! I like how you smoked the onions as well. Steve H Steve H has me making pickles and red onions as well. I have been adding a couple of ghost peppers to the jars for both, it gives them some kick without the serious burn.
Thanks Cliff. I was just being lazy on the onions. I have learned so much from Steve.
Beautiful burger and plating Brian, I'd be all over that dish! RAY
Thanks Ray
Love me some smoked burgers. I normally do smaller slider sized ones, but they all turn out good. So very different from a grilled or griddled burger, in a good way. 👍
Also, ground lamb burgers smoked are nice and tasty.
Thanks
Looks Great !!
I'd have to fry the onions harder, but that's just me.
Nice Job Brian!
Like.

Bear
Thanks John. I was just being lazy. Normally caramelize.
Hickory smoked? Hell yeah! Make me hungry looking at those pic:emoji_yum:
Thanks Randy.
Smoked is the only way we do them anymore. Very tasty and so much easier. Usually use hickory for smoke and spog for seasoning. Yumm.
Thanks. Still like them smashed also.

Hell yeah, Gorgonzola cheese! Great looking burgers. If you freeze them, they get more time in the smoke before the sear.
You need to up your bun game Bro, dunno if you have an Aldi near you but they have great brioche buns.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky