Smoked Braised Chuck Roast - Deconstructed Stew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerry reddick

Original poster
After reading threads during the week, I was intrigued by folks smoking the Chuck Roast.  I came up with my idea for dinner this evening by reading the two threads below.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/150238/smokehouse-chili-with-qview and http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/150335/smoked-chuckies-and-pot-roast.

I decided upon, what my wife ultimately called, A Deconstructed Beef Stew.

Started with a nice big Chuck Roast, Sliced it to about 1 inch thick and then cut to 1 inch cubes.

Fresh Ground Salt and Pepper in the bag and massage into the meat.  Placed on the smoker racks and sprinkled some Tsacherys on it.  Then put it on the smoker.

Left it on the smoker for about 2.5 hours and removed.  I discovered that using the foil, even though I put slits in it for the smoke to come up through, that the bottom rack was considerably more smoked than the top rack.  Next time I will rotate half way through.

After removal from the smoker, I proceeded to add my braising liquid.

2 Cups Red Wine

2 Cups Beef Stock

1 Cup Vegetable Stock

2 packages of Beefy Onion Soup

Does not look very appetizing now but.... Cover with foil and braise on 250 for 4.5 to 5 hours and it will come out looking like this:

We paired it will steamed broccoli, steamed brown sugar carrots, golden mashed potatoes, that we dished the meet and braising liquid over the top of!

The meat had a nice smokey taste and the braising liquid had a nice robust beefy/smoky taste to it.

The meat basically just fell apart when touched with a fork.

Now I am just waiting for the Dutch Apple Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream for Desert!  Woot!

Smoke on!

Jerry

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky