Smoked Bloody Mary

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Ahead of putting my Pork Shoulder on the Pit Barrel last night, I decided to try making a Smoked Bloody Mary.
Bloody  Mary 1.jpg

Cut up 12 Roma Tomatoes, 1 Onion and 1 Serrano Pepper; dusted with some salt and old bay seasoning.
Bloody Mary 2.jpg

Placed them on the pit along with some garlic cloves
Bloody Mary 3.jpg

Removed the skins and stems and added to a large pot and simmered for 30 minutes
Bloody Mary 4.jpg

30 minutes later, I added Beef Bullion, Worcestershire Sauce, and some of my rub.
Bloody Mary 5.jpg

Blended with the Vitamix
Bloody Mary 6.jpg

Added Lemon, Lime, Horseradish, Pepper, Krystal and Anchor Bar hot sauce.
Bloody Mary 7.jpg

Finished product
Bloody Mary 8.jpg

Done and garnished with bacon, pickle and some veggies.

Happy 4th everyone!!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

UPDATE:
After sitting in the fridge sealed for 5 days the flavor is even better!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Reactions: bertman
Looks great, Jason. I've done the same for many years for batches of Bloody Mary mix, as well as for gazpacho. You're correct in that it improves and mellows after a little aging.

If I'm out of my own mix, and use a commercial mix, I use a handheld smoke infuser known as "The Smoking Gun" by Polyscience that my wife got for me around 10 years ago. Great tool to have on hand for small applications.

BTW, you're serving glass is very familiar, and I've got a couple myself. I've been to the No Name Pub several times when visiting the Keys.

Cheers

A friend of mine puts a couple of pans of water in the smoker to make ice cubes from for bloody marys, and it's pretty good instead of a spicy one.
That is a great idea, I have tried the smoked old fashion at a bar and like them, but I can't justify buying the smoke generator to make a drink a few times a year... making smoked ice cubes is brilliant!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Looks great, Jason. I've done the same for many years for batches of Bloody Mary mix, as well as for gazpacho. You're correct in that it improves and mellows after a little aging.

If I'm out of my own mix, and use a commercial mix, I use a handheld smoke infuser known as "The Smoking Gun" by Polyscience that my wife got for me around 10 years ago. Great tool to have on hand for small applications.

BTW, you're serving glass is very familiar, and I've got a couple myself. I've been to the No Name Pub several times when visiting the Keys.

Cheers
Love the No Name Pub as well and is a traditional stop for us when in the keys as well! We love their pizza!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky