Smoked Beef Cheeks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
"The Cook’s Cuts, available exclusively in Woolworths stores now."

The last time I was in a Woolworth's was 1986. I was told to by security to never come back after they caught my buddy stealing one of the rubber band things for a slingshot.

Pretty sure they have been out of business in the States for a couple of decades.

Reactions: Jabiru and dwdunlap
Some folks don't trim, and sort it out at the end, I prefer to pre trim, smoke for 4 or five hours and braise with some broth and onion until pullable. I prefer to rest it overnight and defat, but that is a personal choice. Cheeks are the perfect barbocoa meat. since you like the beefy flavor, try some oxtail.... It's from the other end of the steer, but the flavor is similar.

Great looking meal! Never had beef cheeks either but would sure like to give them a try. Never seen them at a grocery store. I hear that the Mexican grocery stores carry a lot of off the wall cuts of beef and pork so might try them out.

SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan definitely worth hunting for them mate, I was actually surprised when I saw them at the Shop, snapped them up real quick.

I am looking forward to seeing members posting some cooks of the cheeks.

They do shrink a bit so that's worth considering.

I always heard cheek meat was one of the best parts of any animal. I have yet to cook the cheek meat of any animal. I don’t know where to find it
I have recently found it at my small local grocery store, but last weekend I found it at Sam's Club.

Reactions: BKING!
I love beef cheeks, and those look great!

I cook them a little different. I smoke them for 4 hours or so, and then confit them in beef tallow on the smoker. You want to talk about beefy, tender flavor bombs? Beef cheeks ... so much yum.

Thanks for sharing your cook!

Reactions: Jabiru
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky