Smoked barbacoa and some Texas red beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
I've been craving some beef cheeks, so I decided on making some barbacoa today.

Last night I made up some of my ancho chili marinade and let the cheeks bathe in it overnight.

Today I took the cheeks from the marinade, wrapped them up in banana leaves, stuck them in a pan, and now in the smoker for 4 hours at 225. After 4 hours, I'll pull the meat from the leaves, put the meat back into the pan, seal it with foil and let it go for a few more hours.

Soaked some pintos overnight, and now have them simmering with some homemade chili powder, onion, garlic, jalapeño, and bell peppers. Dumped a little brisket in too!

Taco shots later!

The smoking part is done. This is smelling amazing! My German neighbor lady is almost giddy now that I told her she would be getting some of it as well.

Pulled the meat from the banana leaves and now have it in a foil pan all sealed up. It takes a long time for this to finally break down to shred.

Next pics will be tacos... quite a few hours to go.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky