Smoked A Couple Of Wings Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Happy Tuesday smokers. Picked up 9lbs fresh wings this morning. Seasoned with tx smoker tx smoker cajun rub
IMG_20201229_125614.jpg

Onto the smoker at 225 for an hour for some pecan smoke
IMG_20201229_141422.jpg
IMG_20201229_141417.jpg

Cranked up the smoker to 300 gave them a beer spritz and closed it back up. After 30min hit them with beer again and let them ride for around another 30min
IMG_20201229_145729.jpg
IMG_20201229_145737.jpg

Around 180 IT and decided they were ready. Crisp skin and extra juicy. As I was picking them up it was squirting everywhere
IMG_20201229_150030.jpg
IMG_20201229_150034.jpg

Turned out pretty tasty thanks for taking a look.

WOW!! Those look superb Jake. I'd sure love to dive...or fly,,,into a mess of those. Wings are one of my favorites but sadly cannot make them with Tracy being allergic to chicken. Guess I'll live happily and vicariously through you. Nice job sir!!

Robert

Those wings look really good from my screen Jake. We also prefer whole wings to the pieces. I've never tried spritzing them. Nicely done.

Chris

Nice Jake! Just a couple, huh? :emoji_slight_smile:
Wings sounded good a couple nights ago, but forgot I had thighs in fridge, so had to do those.
Also forgot to snap pics dammit.

WOW!! Those look superb Jake. I'd sure love to dive...or fly,,,into a mess of those. Wings are one of my favorites but sadly cannot make them with Tracy being allergic to chicken. Guess I'll live happily and vicariously through you. Nice job sir!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! Now that I think about it can't say I've ever seen you post a chicken dish......now I know why lol

Hey there...I believe there were 7 different spice mixes / rubs in the package I sent. If you like any of them and want to do them yourself, just say so and I'll shoot you the recipe(s). Save the shaker bottles though. They are reusable of course.

Robert
So far I've tried beef and cajun rubs. As delicious as those 2 are you might as well send recipes for them all lol

Looks really good. Call me crazy but I like the wings over all other parts of the chicken. Also I make this really simple sauce for them. Mix butter, bar b que sauce and wousheshire sauce together and heat up in the microwave. You want it kinda runny not thick at all. When the wings come off the smoker, submerge them in the sauce remove the wing from sauce and serve.

Looks really good. Call me crazy but I like the wings over all other parts of the chicken. Also I make this really simple sauce for them. Mix butter, bar b que sauce and wousheshire sauce together and heat up in the microwave. You want it kinda runny not thick at all. When the wings come off the smoker, submerge them in the sauce remove the wing from sauce and serve.
Appreciate it bud and I agree it's probably my favorite part as well. Sauce sounds good but around here we eat em nekkid😉

Reactions: masonman1345
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky