Smoked A Couple of Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Some very dear friends, really like family to us, asked me if I would smoke a couple of butts for them for this weekend. It is his parents 50th wedding anniversary. They knew that I was going to be out of town and said that they would just cook them in crock pots. There's just simply no comparison and I certainly wanted to do what I could for them on such a special day. So I smoked them and they will come get them tomorrow.

Pretty much a straight forward smoke, nothing special. Coarse salt, fresh ground pepper, and a good coating of rub.
20210427_050034.jpg

So 5:00am off to the offset where I had some hickory and white oak coals ready with the temp running right around 230℉. Here's a picture after about 5 hours.
20210427_112228.jpg

Around the 11th hour, internal temp was hitting around 205℉ so time to pull and rest.
20210427_163117.jpg

Bones came out clean.
20210427_163309.jpg

Got it all pulled and into the refrigerator. They requested no sauce as they'll put it on the side.
20210427_164224.jpg

Special friends(family) and I'm happy that I could help on this very special occasion....

Great looking butts! Nice of you to help them out on such a special occasion. You just made your friendship a little 'tighter' with them I'm sure. Great job.

Looks great to me! And good on you for doing it for your friends!
Thank you, kc, it was truly a labor of love....on several fronts...
Nice cook
Looks excellant!
Beautiful, nice piece of work! RAY
Thank you all. This is truly a special occasion and the rest of the story is that the father has Parkinson's. He's still mostly functional, but we can all see the decline in his physical abilities. What an honor and privilege it is to be able do something for them.

Great job on the pork and a wonderful act of kindness for taking care of friends on such a special day in their life!🍻🍻🍻
John
Thank you, John...
those look great! you are good man to hook up the good friends for their 50th!
Sandy, it means a lot to me to just be able to do something, however insignificant in the grand scheme of things it may be. 50 years of marriage is a long time in today's world, almost unheard of anymore. And with his physical limitations, it makes it that much more meaningful.
I know you took a lot of pride in doing that for dear friends.
Yes Colin, I try very hard to please my family and friends with my cooking. Sometimes I fail miserably.

Great looking PP ! And spreading the love is what it's all about ! I'm sure they really appreciated your effort in making their day even more special!
You're a great friend for sure!
Keith

What a great thing/ Those butts have a fabulous bark on em. Well done and for a great occasion. LIKE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky