Smoke Vault 18 or GOSM ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

podevil

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
In the Mountains of Western Pa
Thanksgiving Greetings from Western Pa!

I am relatively new to smoking..We bought a Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker back in April and have been smoking twice a week ever since (I'm Hooked)...In September I bought a V-burner conversion and have been extremely happy with it..Now I can either use the Charcoal or propane..
I want to add another smoker and I am thinking about one or the other of these..I have read a lot about the GOSM, but have seen very little on the Smoke Vault...Any help would be appreciated!
Podevil

Hey and welcome to the forum. You can't go wrong with either the GOSM or the CCSV. I've sen some great Q turned out from both smokers.
Debi wrote a great review on the Smoke vault in the review section here. There is also one on the GOSM.

I have the CCSV the 24" version and am very ahppy with it. The thermometer is accurate and it is pretty well made for this type of smoker. Lots of capacity, at least with the 24" version.

I'm sure others will chime in their experiences with both units.

Hi Pod -

I also opted for the Smoke Vault over the GOSM. Get the 24 inch version! Always get the bigger models because the smaller models will be to small to lay out a full rack of ribs without hassling with cutting or folding them. You'll out grow the smaller units fast!

The Smoke Vault is the only home model smoker I know of that has a dead on thermometer that can be calibrated. No mods are nescessary on this unit. It comes ready to smoke. It is also built heavier than the GOSM. There is a big difference in price but IMHO it's worth it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I opted for the Smoke Vault because it is heavier made. I've been quite happy w it. To add to your confusion, Lowe's has a similar smoker that is even heavier made. I think I would have gone w it had I found it in time.

As others have said, you can't go too wrong. It's a win-win.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky