Smoke stack and fresh air intake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlawrence

Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Columbus NE
Good evening ladies and gentlemen I have a situation that I've needed to deal with for a while my smoker has an airtight seal around the door I have an inch and a half inlet in the bottom 3/4 from the back my smokestack is 3 1/2 inches round placed on the top of my smoker also use the smoke daddy attachment for the smoke my problem is I'm not getting any draw I have to put a fan on the bottom where the intake is to push air to draw the smoke out how do I fix this my smoke stack does not have a damper

Add heat to the smoker...  When you warm the smoker body, it will naturally draft....  You may have to enlarge the inlet to get good air flow...

How big is the smoker body...  

Dave I have heat in the smoker. Inside dimensions are 24 inches x 16 inches x 43 inches. It's an old General Electric refrigerator

If it flows with your fan running then I'd agree with the others. More inlet air plus that how we generally control temps. They're all different which is part of the fun figuring out each one. A big ol fridge? That would be quite entertaining. Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky