Smoke box 2.0 using wood chunks.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

campfirestu

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2015
TX
IMG_20210213_164933267.jpg

It is a smoke generator. Seems to be working OK. The burner below set on low burns the wood chunks. The burner also helped heat up the intake pipe that goes into the smoker. So while the smoker was coming up to temp the intake piping was being warmed up which has always been a challenge for me. The top plate throttles the burn, and a fish pump helps push the smoke into the smoker. The smoke seems very subtle which is what I want.

it feeds my converted electric oven. The clear hose connects the air pump to the venturi that pumps the smoke into the smoker

Just finished our first smoke with the new smoke generator rig - and what a difference! the steaks had a very subtle wood smoke flavor. The amount of smoke was very controlled which is what we wanted.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky