Smithfield Boston butt in solution

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wnctracker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Western North Carolina
I need about 15 lbs of Boston but to put with 15 lbs venison to make sausage and I can't find any fresh butts for less than $2.60/lb except this prepacked Smithfield but in solution for $1.68/lb at Sams club. Will this solution affect the flavor or composition of the sausage? If so I'll just spend the extra $$$

I have used the Butt in brine to make bratwurst, Andouille Sausage, Boerewors and breakfast. I dont have a comparison to non brined butt. With that said what I have made ranges from edible... to I want this! This may have affected the smoking of my Andouille with the extra water in the meat... But the Andouille turned out the best...

I don't know what you have , look on the label for salt content . I looked at one today , it said 3% salt .

Reactions: zippy12
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky