SMF is BACK ONLINE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WHOOP WHOOP LIFE AGAIN !
Wife have been hospitalized with Covid since Tues and no SMF. Bad couple of days all around but thankful and appreciate all of the efforts to get it running again !

Sure hope she is getting better hospitals are never a good place to be unless you have no choice.

Reactions: bill1 and 912smoker
WHOOP WHOOP LIFE AGAIN !
Wife have been hospitalized with Covid since Tues and no SMF. Bad couple of days all around but thankful and appreciate all of the efforts to get it running again !
Hope your Wife will be OK. Keep us posted. Sending good thoughts and Prayers your way my fellow Georgian.

Reactions: 912smoker
I just read the paper posting about the fire, glad the host didn't go up in a total blaze like the France site did.

When I first heard of a fire I just thought Jeff was just having an issue controlling one of his many smokers! :emoji_astonished:
But very happy all is as well as can be expected! :emoji_thumbsup:
WELCOME BACK SMF! :emoji_heart_eyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
I knew it had to be something serious, but I know nothing about how a website is run.
Glad you made it happen! I can only look at "news" sites so much without going nuts.....

When I logged in late Sunday night and got the 522 error code that showed it was on the server end, I sarcastically thought, "Ok, who left the smoker unattended and burned up the server?".

Never would have thought a fire actually happened. Glad the data was safe though....

Glad to see everything back up and running. After the first day being down I figured site maintenance or something. Never would have expected a fire and water damage.

All-

Jeff and the staff would like to thank you for your patience thru all of this as it was very painful

Most of you know now from the newsletter that we had a catastrophic failure at the datacenter that houses our servers. They were doing normal maintenance of a generator and it had a catastrophic failure. This lead to a fire in the facility. The sprinkler systems were activated. The data center staff isolated the power from the generator and the fire was extinguished. When the fire inspector came out he determined that power was to remain off for the whole facility. This led to emergency inspections from the city officials and a plan was put in place. Our server had to be rebuilt but our hard drives aka data was intact.

That being said the staff worked their butts off to get the server built. We got the server a few hours ago and our staff busted their asses to get the data migrated and back online.

We really appreciate everyone who weathered this with us. Now if there are any bugs that you see please report them and tag myself TulsaJeff Pineywoods hellasteph or any of the staff in it so we can fix any little issues that may come up.

We hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and smoke on.

Thanks

Brian
Thank Goodness was having withdrawal spasm ....lol

Brian-
I used to do IT many (many) years ago.
Server crash was bad enough. Never had the host site take the deep 6.
Big thanks to you to get our ... comfort zone restored.

Agree 100%! I almost started to read a book! A book, can you imagine?
Local morning news has a trivia question every morning. This past week the answer that men started during the pandemic was "Read a book".

• Haha
Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky