SMF Dark Mode is Now Available for All

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
You asked and we delivered!

The new dark mode is now available and ready for you to check out.

Scroll to the bottom of the forum and click on the current style (SMF Classic, UI.X Brown, etc.) and you'll get a popup box.

Click on UI.X Dark to change to dark mode.

Let me know what you think!

Small issue.......now that all the text is white it's almost impossible to see the bold text that appears on a thread when a new comment has been made. Looks great otherwise though

You asked and we delivered!

The new dark mode is now available and ready for you to check out.

Scroll to the bottom of the forum and click on the current style (SMF Classic, UI.X Brown, etc.) and you'll get a popup box.

Click on UI.X Dark to change to dark mode.

Let me know what you think!
A bit too dark for me, but thank you for options.

Small issue.......now that all the text is white it's almost impossible to see the bold text that appears on a thread when a new comment has been made. Looks great otherwise though

Yea... that will take some time to get used to... a little tuffer when in dark mode...

Any way we can go back to the dot/no dot ??

The font/size/color chosen doesn't do well in identifying which threads have already been read. Definitely a bit annoying. Text for read threads should be noticeably less bright but they aren't. Very hard to tell the difference. If the font size was made smaller that might work for read threads.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky