Smashburgers on my new Weber griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chp

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 30, 2020
Colorado
So I just got my 28” Weber griddle and thought I would give Smashburgers a try!
92A7B814-F1FE-4A37-B25E-62CEE0C4F482.jpeg

I seasoned up some 80/20, warmed up some bacon, some buns, and put together a basic bacon cheeseburger.
49123266-7797-4457-8575-0DF78280E857.jpeg

I was very excited to use some fresh greens from my new little hydroponics setup (thanks to another thread on this site).
BCC2AA3E-93C8-4F7C-8595-7915C0FD43EF.jpeg

The flat top did great for a windy afternoon!
F927D39C-B9B2-4BBE-BB21-29DE8A1B7F47.jpeg

Plated the Smashburger up with a broccoli salad and some chips. Very happy with my new griddle!!

So I just got my 28” Weber griddle and thought I would give Smashburgers a try!
View attachment 660706
I seasoned up some 80/20, warmed up some bacon, some buns, and put together a basic bacon cheeseburger.
View attachment 660707
I was very excited to use some fresh greens from my new little hydroponics setup (thanks to another thread on this site).
View attachment 660709
The flat top did great for a windy afternoon!
View attachment 660710
Plated the Smashburger up with a broccoli salad and some chips. Very happy with my new griddle!!
Nice, are those 1/2 lb ea smash burger? they look huge! Smash burgers on a griddle, does not get any better.

Just seeded my hydroponic today for Poblanos, Bhut Jolokia, death spiral ghost and Jay's peach ghost peppers.

Reactions: JC in GB
Nice, are those 1/2 lb ea smash burger? they look huge! Smash burgers on a griddle, does not get any better.

Just seeded my hydroponic today for Poblanos, Bhut Jolokia, death spiral ghost and Jay's peach ghost peppers.
They were somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 lbs. (4 patties from 1.5 lbs). Your hydroponics setup sounds awesome. I hope to start transitioning plants from the hydroponics to the greenhouse soon and definitely want to do a bunch of peppers! Where are you sourcing your seeds?

They were somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 lbs. (4 patties from 1.5 lbs). Your hydroponics setup sounds awesome. I hope to start transitioning plants from the hydroponics to the greenhouse soon and definitely want to do a bunch of peppers! Where are you sourcing your seeds?
https://www.86peppers.com/ he is local to me, so I have bought his hot sauces, plants and seeds. The Jay's peach ghost seeds I harvested from my plants last year. I have some extra if you want some?

My hydroponic is a aero garden knockoff from Amazon similar to this:

Reactions: bigfurmn
Nice work on the burger . Those flat tops are fun to cook on , and make great food .
I love my Areo garden . So nice to pick the stuff fresh year round .

Reactions: sawhorseray and chp
Great looking burgers. My son was asking me last night about doing some this weekend. You definitely nudged me in that direction.
Looks like you got a great view off your deck there.

Jim

Oh yeah, thats what I am talking about! Once you have a burger on the flat top, others are not the same. Burgers look fantastic and glad you are digging your new rig.

Dave

Reactions: chp and JC in GB
Great looking burgers. My son was asking me last night about doing some this weekend. You definitely nudged me in that direction.
Looks like you got a great view off your deck there.

Jim
Thanks! We sure enjoy being out of town a little bit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky