Smash Burger Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks good and sounds like a great idea. I needed some quick meat for velveta rotel cheese dip a while back. Pulled out a couple frozen smash burgers with fried in onions I had handy and it gave it a whole different flavor we all liked. Doing this for chili will be next on my list. Thanks for sharing.

Try using stew meat for chili in place of ground. I still use ground sometimes, but stew meat is my number one choice for chili. If I do use ground beef, I usually add an equal amount of hot breakfast sausage. Ground hot chorizo might work even better in the mix, but I haven't tried it yet.

I have found sirloin to be my go to now for cubes meats and pot roast sirloin super under rated when cooked right.

Reactions: DougE and bauchjw
No way I’d pass up on that! Great idea. Until a few years ago I never put much thought into the meat in my chili, I just assumed since it’d be simmering for a few hours that it didn’t matter, but once I did start paying more attention and mixing in sausage it was a game changer. Thank you for sharing this, great idea that I’ll definitely try.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky