Small smoker designated for cerakoting only that is Pid adaptable

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okiecat

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
SW Oklahoma
I have 2 mes 40 with pid control but need a new clean one to cook parts that are painted with cerakote. A mes 30 is big enough. Just looking for bargain for limited use. Any suggestions and can all brands be converted easily to PID. And it needs to get to 275*. Which the PID should take care of that.

So Dr is this mes 30 available for trade? I need a new one, clean on inside. Never used. I tried to clean one of mine but it was hopeless. Just kiddding on the trade. Ha

So Dr is this mes 30 available for trade? I need a new one, clean on inside. Never used. I tried to clean one of mine but it was hopeless. Just kiddding on the trade. Ha
IDK on the inexpensive digital brand new. I think we're all waiting for those lol. But an analog MB elec 30 has a 1,500 watt element, dbl wall for higher heat vs foam insulation with the mb Mes 30/40 that melts in the element area and burns. I'd get the analog new for a parts oven with dial on max and plugged into a pid.

ok. Thanks Dr K and Steve. So how do I tell I’m getting the analog with 1500 element?

So I just looked online and lowes and see the mes 30 for $130. But it looks like it has no insulation in door? Guess I will go to Lowes and have a look. Have to drive 50 miles. But need grocery’s anyway. Thanks again

Reactions: Steve H
ok. Thanks Dr K and Steve. So how do I tell I’m getting the analog with 1500 element?
The analog MB smoker has a rheostat dial controller like an electric skillet and comes with 4 legs and a 1,500 watt element as disclosed on the smoker. It is double wall insulated but hollow so it should sound hollow when you flick it with your finger. All Mes with a digital controller have foam insulation in the cabinet and door even the windowed doors. The Mes 30 has an 800 watt element and the 40 is 1,200 but max at 275 if it actually gets there because the foam can start burning as seen in a lot of picks with the back removed and even pushing the sheet metal inside the smoker around the element in the right rear corner you can hear a crunchy sound. With the analog set to max and an plugged into a PID you can get higher temps.

So I just looked online and lowes and see the mes 30 for $130. But it looks like it has no insulation in door? Guess I will go to Lowes and have a look. Have to drive 50 miles. But need grocery’s anyway. Thanks again
The one for 130.00 is the analog.. You can always get a cheap harbor freight welding blanket to put over the smoker if heat loss is a concern.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky