SM066 - AMERIQUE ELECTRIC SMOKER seasoning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KM0AGA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 25, 2022
Iowa
I seasoned for 6 hours at 275. For the first 2 hours, I had some temperature swings ranging from 6-12 degrees (oldsarge said it was normal - THANKS by the way). The temps settled down and ran at 275 for the remaining 4 hours. My order came with hickory. Smelled awesome while seasoning. Time to get smokin'..
20230114_085630.jpg
20230114_085639.jpg
20230114_142923.jpg
20230114_142934.jpg

So, what will be the maiden smoke? I did a big old bone in butt (shoulder). It was cheap and allowed me to test the smoker temp and the meat probe all at once.

Reactions: jcam222
So, what will be the maiden smoke? I did a big old bone in butt (shoulder). It was cheap and allowed me to test the smoker temp and the meat probe all at once.
I am going to do a cheeseburger fatty. It is really simple and will test the probe and holding feature as well without taking up huge amounts of time.

Hopefully it's not sacrilege or blasphemy for an initial cook.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks like a really nice smoker.
Thank you. It is. Very simple design with a straight forward temperature controller. It will work in the cold Midwest winter. There is a BBQ youtuber who lives about an hour west of me and he just posted a cook in negative 20 degrees (brisket no less). The smoker never missed a beat.

I am going to do a cheeseburger fatty. It is really simple and will test the probe and holding feature as well without taking up huge amounts of time.

Sounds like a smart and delicious plan to me!!

Thank you. It is. Very simple design with a straight forward temperature controller. It will work in the cold Midwest winter. There is a BBQ youtuber who lives about an hour west of me and he just posted a cook in negative 20 degrees (brisket no less). The smoker never missed a beat.
Where are located, it's cold here in NW Iowa (Algona)

Monticello, Iowa. I drive through Algona when I have to shoot up to Spencer.

Last edited:

Not at all. Sounds like a good and tasty first smoke. Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky