SM066 - AMERIQUE ELECTRIC SMOKER OVEN vs LONE STAR GRILLZ - Pee Wee Insulated Cabinet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KM0AGA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 25, 2022
Iowa
I am in the market for a new smoker. I have been looking at the Amerique SM066 for a while. I discovered the LSG Pee Wee on accident. I do not care about the smoke ring either. I really like the SM066 for the set and forget and temperature holding capabilities.

But with that said, I have some minor concerns about the SM066.

1. I've seen post about the smoker tripping GFCI outlets. It's going on my porch and both sets of outlets are GFCI.
2. I've also seen post on here and other forums about probes failing and the controller having issues.

I also read outstanding reviews on the SM066. I would buy this through BBQ guys. They have a 5 year warranty (extra cost) on parts and labor and will ship for free.

The LSG Pee Wee is charcoal and pretty much bullet proof. I have no concerns with this one other than cost and weight (350 lbs). My only issue is trying to figure out how to make separate brisket warmer. I have a roaster and sous vide. I have seen posts on this forum about using both as warmers.

I would love to hear from anyone who own the SM066. THANKS.

Bought my 0666 in 2012. Still have the same probes and controller. No issues. Probes get wiped after use but never ever immersed in water. Smoker is under cover. I don't have outdoors gfci so I have not experienced the tripping problem. However, the tripping usually comes down to a faulty gfci or residual moisture in the smoker where the heating element comes through the wall. Drying out that area has solved problems in the past. Also a bad gfci being replaced works. One could try a marine grade gfci (think boats and harbors and such). Wish I could say more.

I ordered my SM066 from the BBQ Guys today. I added the cover, rib rack, seafood grill, and cold smoke baffle. $2,650.00 total. The BBQ Guys do free shipping and that is why I did not order straight from CookShack. Cookshacks shipping price was $581.00.

I was torn between a Lone Star Grillz Pee Wee and the CookShack SM066. What ultimately led to the SM066 was the ability to hold the food after the smoking is done.

So my smoker arrived yesterday. It was not supposed to arrive until next week. I am still out of town with work. The truck driver was unable to back down my driveway. He could not back the trailer in the driveway without the truck dropping of of the edge of the gravel road.

The driver unloaded the smoker and pulled it with a pallet jack almost a 1/4 mile down my gravel driveway and placed it on my front porch. I watched all of this from my security cameras.

I thanked driver and called his company and told him what he had done. The company was very appreciative of the phone call and stated they have a rewards program in place for actions like this.

Next week I am going to bring him a bottle of JD and a gift card. He only had to leave it at the end of my driveway and he went above and beyond.

Next stop - Harbor Freight for the cart to hold the smoker.

wow, enjoy your new toy when you get back home!! and that was one awesome delivery guy, nice to hear stories like that!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky