Sloppy Joe Casserole (No Que Vue)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Who doesnt like a good old fashion sloppy joe with cheese and a side of tater tots? This is something we make at the house and I added a bit extra to my lunch portion today to raise it up just a little bit. So how does one make sloppy joe casserole, you may ask, well let me tell ya. First brown up some ground beef as you normally would making sloppy joes, when its time to add the sloppy joe stuff and a can of creamed corn. Let that simmer for a few minutes and then transfer into a baking dish.

Once in the baking dish, spread the meat mixture around and top with your favorite shredded cheese, usually we use mexican blend, then top the cheese with some good old fashion tater tots straight from the freezer. Bake following the directions of the tater tots which is in the 450 range for 15-20 mins. Pull it and let it cool for a minute so the cheese doesnt burn the roof of you mouth and enjoy.

Now what I did today to add just a bit to it yankee2bbq yankee2bbq had sent me some candied jalapenos aka cowboy candy. Got to thinking last nite that hmmmm those would be really good on the Sloppy Joe cass, so this morn as Im getting ready for work, I toss a few of those delicious lil rings of spicy sweetness. Man that was exactly what that dish needed for a lil extra umph.

20210205_111159.jpg

Last edited:
Sure looks good! Funny how the different names... sloppy joes, taverns, and loose meat sandwiches! We use taverns... same recipe my mother in law used when she owned her bakery. More than likely the recipe was her mom's also. Now I want tater tots, haven't had them in ages!

Ryan

Who doesnt like a good old fashion sloppy joe with cheese and a side of tater tots? This is something we make at the house and I added a bit extra to my lunch portion today to raise it up just a little bit. So how does one make sloppy joe casserole, you may ask, well let me tell ya. First brown up some ground beef as you normally would making sloppy joes, when its time to add the sloppy joe stuff and a can of creamed corn. Let that simmer for a few minutes and then transfer into a baking dish.

Once in the baking dish, spread the meat mixture around and top with your favorite shredded cheese, usually we use mexican blend, then top the cheese with some good old fashion tater tots straight from the freezer. Bake following the directions of the tater tots which is in the 450 range for 15-20 mins. Pull it and let it cool for a minute so the cheese doesnt burn the roof of you mouth and enjoy.

Now what I did today to add just a bit to it yankee2bbq yankee2bbq had sent me some candied jalapenos aka cowboy candy. Got to thinking last nite that hmmmm those would be really good on the Sloppy Joe cass, so this morn as Im getting ready for work, I toss a few of those delicious lil rings of spicy sweetness. Man that was exactly what that dish needed for a lil extra umph.

View attachment 483558
Recently started making sloppy Joe from scratch. Allows me to control my salt intake while eating this awesome childhood classic. Thanks for showing me the sloppy Joe "next level", great idea.

Made this tonight. Used homemade creamed corn. Came out very tasty. Will make it again using some taco seasoning to up the taste a bit.
Thanks

Reactions: Kevin DeShazo
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky