Sloooooow Motion Forum Today! Anyone else having issues?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 12, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
It took me almost 15 minutes to load this page just to start this thread.

I've been looking at stuff for the last few days both on cell phone and on this computer.  Everything has been fine as long as I'm not logged in.  So there's something going on for sure.

Once I logged in everything came to a grinding hault.  I posted a couple of replies to threads and even posted a photo to the "show yourself" thread.  I had no problems posting replies or photos other that it being slow.

Any ideas?

Could be.  But it was much faster when I wasn't logged in and those ads were there.  My best uneducated guess is there is some tracking crap going on

The orange juice overhead and sidebar thing is back.  Maybe that has something to do with it?

Hey folks, I just buried I.E. for good. I am now using Google Chrome and it works AWESOME. I would run Norton after using I.E. and get 36-40 security threats everyday, I now get "0" . I can tell a major difference here. F.Y.I. it's a freebee. 

Have been using chrome for over a year, no problems here. Like meateater says there are few if any security threats uncovered with Norton. Most often it's just a cookie that they delete.

I think this is the new "acceptable" issue we have to deal with from Huddler. They now control this site instead of Jeff and it looks like we just have to deal with it or go somewhere else. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky