• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sloooooow Motion Forum Today! Anyone else having issues?

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
It took me almost 15 minutes to load this page just to start this thread.

I've been looking at stuff for the last few days both on cell phone and on this computer.  Everything has been fine as long as I'm not logged in.  So there's something going on for sure.

Once I logged in everything came to a grinding hault.  I posted a couple of replies to threads and even posted a photo to the "show yourself" thread.  I had no problems posting replies or photos other that it being slow.

Any ideas?

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
The orange juice overhead and sidebar thing is back.  Maybe that has something to do with it?

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
After hitting the "submit" button for the above post, it took about 3 minutes for the page to be set

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
Could be.  But it was much faster when I wasn't logged in and those ads were there.  My best uneducated guess is there is some tracking crap going on

The orange juice overhead and sidebar thing is back.  Maybe that has something to do with it?

thunderdome

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 19, 2009
Yeah, the Tropicana thing is a bit overkill. I get the need for advertising but this one is serious

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Hey folks, I just buried I.E. for good. I am now using Google Chrome and it works AWESOME. I would run Norton after using I.E. and get 36-40 security threats everyday, I now get "0" . I can tell a major difference here. F.Y.I. it's a freebee. 

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Have been using chrome for over a year, no problems here. Like meateater says there are few if any security threats uncovered with Norton. Most often it's just a cookie that they delete.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Have been using chrome for over a year, no problems here. Like meateater says there are few if any security threats uncovered with Norton. Most often it's just a cookie that they delete.
No more cookie monster. 

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I think this is the new "acceptable" issue we have to deal with from Huddler. They now control this site instead of Jeff and it looks like we just have to deal with it or go somewhere else. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.