Slicer issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I just got my chef's choice 615a and attempted to use it on the TNJAKE TNJAKE inspired brisket bacon.

The slicing seemed to have been good, the result fried and eaten on my bagel for breakfast this morning.

This is what the meat being sliced looked like after a few slices.
PXL_20221203_182045812.jpg

Am I pushing too hard on the meat so it bends down during the slice?

I'm not familiar with your slicer, but are you pushing from on the top or from the outside, It looks like to much outside pressure midway.

I think Jake and Chris are right about pressure and chilling your meat. Also, these slicers have a pretty good gap between the slider and the blade. That's another cause of what I call a "Hanger". I do the above, but also flip what I'm slicing every few slices so it cuts down on that flap. Not perfect, but it's ok.

Dave

I think Jake and Chris are right about pressure and chilling your meat. Also, these slicers have a pretty good gap between the slider and the blade. That's another cause of what I call a "Hanger". I do the above, but also flip what I'm slicing every few slices so it cuts down on that flap. Not perfect, but it's ok.

Dave
I'm a flipper as well

That's normal . 4 or 5 slices and flip . Someone on here was 3-D printing a spacer for those . Where the table meets the fence . It closes that gap so you don't get that tag .

Reactions: Nefarious
Look through this if you're interested .

That's normal . 4 or 5 slices and flip . Someone on here was 3-D printing a spacer for those . Where the table meets the fence . It closes that gap so you don't get that tag .
I remember that post. It was the guy with the pinched up face for an avatar. Kind of like he ate a whole lemon.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky