Slaw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

culpepersmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 16, 2010
Split between Michigan and Texas
Last night we had pulled pork Sammie’s. Normally we make a standard Coleslaw either as a side or to put on the sammy. Looking for something different I made up this slaw and it was great as a topper on the pulled pork.

1/2 head cabbage, shredded (3 to 4 cups)
2 apples, cut into julienne
Salt
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
Ground black pepper
Sugar, as needed
Mix together the cabbage and apples in a large bowl and season with salt.
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and thyme in a small bowl. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Mix the slaw with the dressing.
We really enjoyed it. Next time I’ll try to make it the day before as I think it was better today. 😁

Enjoy

Got a slaw recipe the first day I joined the forum from (I can’t remember who), and still use it to this day! It fit our flavor profile perfectly & it is always gone when we have friends over.
Al

Last night we had pulled pork Sammie’s. Normally we make a standard Coleslaw either as a side or to put on the sammy. Looking for something different I made up this slaw and it was great as a topper on the pulled pork.

Salt
1/2 cup lemon juice
Ground black pepper
Sugar, as needed
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and thyme in a small bowl. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Mix the slaw with the dressing.
We really enjoyed it. Next time I’ll try to make it the day before as I think it was better today. 😁

Enjoy
Sounds really good. A local place used to serve a similar apple slaw ok the pulled pork with white sharp cheddar. Was delicious.

Mmmm, your slaw recipe sounds good.
Will have to try it.

I do an Apple/Cranberry Slaw that is a sweet change from the usual slaws.

Reactions: Redicans

Salt
1/2 cup lemon juice
Ground black pepper
Sugar, as needed

Enjoy
That's a great sounding Slaw! Sounds tasty and light. Love different slaw recipes!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky