Slab a la Ham/Bacon-on-a-stick feat. Gremolata Milanese Pasta Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 17, 2021
fullsparebaconstick.jpg

8-day cure on the low-salt end of Pop's brine. All brown sugar, lot of black pepper and pasilla chiles in the brine. This pic was before the wrap of strawberry jam, miso gochujang, and parkay

bacononaslab.jpg
plate.jpg

Pasta Salad was just free macaroni, grape tomatoes, and green onions I got free from a produce surplus thing they do here. Fancy gremolata milanese EVOO and red vinegar came outta my own pocket.

Fine looking meal ! Great color and pull back
Honestly, it seems to me like anything over 3 days is unnecessary (even overnight makes a huge difference), but it keeps them ready to smoke whenever I get time to.

and thank you! best slab ive smoked in a long time. red and white oak, little Royal Oak lump. i always try to run the first 3hrs at 250-275*.

Leftover bones are gonna be reheated a la Korean sticky ribs with a seasoned soy dipping sauce (sesame oil, garlic, strawberry or blackberry gochujang). Might have to make some tofu fries too, there was a block of low-moisture in that free produce box too..

Nice looking rack! Never thought about brining ribs. Hmmm....
Planning to try Pop's lo salt brine on some bacon soon.
ive been brining pretty much all the pork ive cooked the last several months. even when it's just overnight and i dont need the salt+sugar as a preservative, a little prague #1 on chops or nuggets (stir-frys, kebabs) makes a big difference

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky