• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Site being reported to Microsoft as a virus threat

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
Something new just occurred today.  While PMing and responding to PM from another member, when I backed out to go back to Forum "New Posts" a virus alert jumps up and tells me they're sending a virus report to MS.  Wasn't happening the other day.  I noticed that we seem to have a "compatibility view" now.  Are these related?

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Its not just this site. The ISP i work for has received complaints about getting this message logging into mail servers. It appears to only be affecting subscribers using IE8.

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
I use IE8 so that accounts for that.  I knew you guys wouldn't be the source.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
I spent lots of time at work this morning on that damn issue. Sucked.

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
I use IE8 and my ISP is MSN. If there was a problem MS would have clued me. Haven't anything to offer at this time. Don't envy the task, Brian!

Cheers!

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Try Firefox!

TJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.