Simply Grilled Chicken....Elevated to Gourmet!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So I had no intention of posting this meal but just had to share.....

So my wife has been playing around with some more Gordon Ramsay recipes and this one she got from his 30 min meals.....

She marinated some cut chicken breasts in a soy ginger moisture and then I put them on the Weber Gen Sear plate.....4 min a side (turned them as they “released” from the cold stick) and then 4 min on the upper rack to finish to 160.....
9C5A4BA7-B747-4167-A732-79366909E1DF.jpeg

I just have to say that I love the new Weber!

Now the making a bowl full of flavor.....udon noodles tossed with some coconut milk, peanut, tahini sauce , fresh cut veg topped with Thai basal and a soy ginger glaze.....!!!!
809FDAD9-A27E-42DF-926B-24D09ED82D04.jpeg

Holy crap the flavor GR can get into a plate is mind blowing!!!!!
F7C6FFB9-D6E1-4D3F-8070-790E456B55C9.jpeg

I told the wife to add this to our menu list because I want it again! I said oh I can try it with brisket and she gave me that look so I said “oh honey your hair looks really nice today”.....her response was “I’m wearing a hat”.....mine was “subject changed”....lol.

So the sauce, my wife put 4 red Thai chillies split and de-seeded 4 cloves 3 Tbsp ginger paste sautéed in butter & olive......once it’s caramelized she added 2 cups of coconut milk to seep for a while on low simmer....then she screened it and added 3 Tbsp tahini, 2 Tbsp peanut butter, 4 Tbsp soy, fresh grated ginger, 2 Tbsp rice vinegar. This stuff is crazy good! It’s a combination of two GRs recipes.

1649540769988.png

Very colorful and I bet it tasted great.

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
looks great thanks for sharing
Many thanks negolien!
Beautiful plate right there! Looks very tasty....
Thanks pushok! Lots of flavors and texture with savory fresh complements
That sure looks like a keeper to me. I can see why you wanted it again.
Gary
Thank Gary! Just not something you get to eat every day, but I could!
View attachment 628619

Very colorful and I bet it tasted great.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Honestly I had no idea what the wife as doing till she gave me the 20 min mark to dinner and my q to fire the grill and chicken, but was amazed with the presentation!

Last edited:
I would dive head first into that for sure. That looks amazing and I bet it tasted even better. Glad you posted it.

Wow! Beautiful meal! You and Ryan gave me some GR tips on mashed potatoes that turned out incredible. I’m thinking I need to get one of his cook books now, that’s seriously legit!

Nice civil, looks phenomenal… Points for trying to sneak brisket into the next one and additional points for trying to CYA on the wife’s response! LOL

Nice meal my friend! 👊🏼👍🏼

BTW, love the grill marks… 👊🏼

I would dive head first into that for sure. That looks amazing and I bet it tasted even better. Glad you posted it.
Thanks Ringer! The layers of flavor just added up and it was over the top for a 35-40 min meal!
Wow! Beautiful meal! You and Ryan gave me some GR tips on mashed potatoes that turned out incredible. I’m thinking I need to get one of his cook books now, that’s seriously legit!
Thanks Jed! Oh and I told you GR mash are un-real! It’s weird because your like that’s too simple then after adding the pot water and creme your like HOLY SMOKES!

We have his Hell’s Kitchen (mash recipe), gourmet home meals, and quick home meals (the recipe above) books. They are legit! My wife and son have been picking a new recipe and we do it about every other week now! They seam simple but they add layers of flavor like the mash in simple combinations that just POP. GR uses the layers of flavor on his new show he just did and I’m finally starting to understand!

Reactions: bauchjw
Beautiful bowl. Looks better than most restaurant chow.
Thanks one eye! We don’t have a “real” fine dine place in our area so we improvise! LOL!
Nice civil, looks phenomenal… Points for trying to sneak brisket into the next one and additional points for trying to CYA on the wife’s response! LOL

Nice meal my friend! 👊🏼👍🏼

BTW, love the grill marks… 👊🏼
Many thanks waterin! She knows I love my brisket! I recently meet a former very experienced executive that moved here to retire but opened a BBQ joint (off the chart good! Ie it’s way better than Mikes up the road by you) and he is building a new place with a wood fired pizza oven and wood fired grill. The other day we were talking brisket and how he keeps his so moist and tasty for catering! It has caused brisket to be on my mind!

Oh the grill marks are from the new Weber sans grill grates.... the new Weber designed fire box is a real game changer for sear and flame up management function!

Reactions: one eyed jack
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky