Simple rainbow trout

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gary Uk

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2018
Was looking around my local supermarket and spotted these half price

DSC_8683.JPG

As it was a weekday evening I didn't have much time to mess with brining or adding any other flavours. Plus I also wanted to try them with just a little smoke.
I used just a handfull of jack daniels wood chips in my mes30 cooked at 225 until they reached an IT of 140

DSC_8684.JPG

They tasted great, lovely and moist with just a hint of smoke

Looks great! We like to fish the high mountain lakes in our area and almost never come home without our limit of fish. Into the smoker they go and are excellent.

Nice job, looks delicious. Around my area trout is plentiful and our normal technique is wrapped in foil will lemon, herbs and butter Cooked over indirect. Usually campfire coals. I’ll have to give the smoker a Tri with some next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky