Simple BBQ Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
We celebrated our daughter’s birthday today, and asked her what she wanted for dinner and she requested bbq chicken on the grill. So, here it is: chicken thighs marinated in zesty italian salad dressing. Hope you enjoy!
55759079-DDC2-4BFF-818D-ACEC0F15165D.jpeg

Indirect heating. Chicken waiting to be on the grill. Notice the two cherry wood chunks.
47B713F2-CC4F-4B4A-B2A9-5BFD9BBB83F9.jpeg

C2954009-6B69-4F03-B915-CCB2B392E5C3.jpeg

21C0360C-A8FE-4EF3-8CC7-644FEFC6D6D5.jpeg

Almost done! Add some bbq sauce to the chicken and place the chicken over hot coals.
9B96F5B7-8E71-4031-BFBB-7F6AE07561F7.jpeg

Done!!! Our Birthday dinner: steamed broccoli, Mac and cheese and simple bbq chicken!!
FFB1FABD-25B4-4613-88EF-5390BF114CA9.jpeg

That’s a nice lookin light meal, great job. The color on those thighs were awesome in my opinion

Justin those thighs look great. I wish my daughter's birthday dinner requests were that simple when she was growing up. The kettle strikes again.

Someday you may want to look into Weber's charcoal baskets. They're great for indirect cooking/smoking, inexpensive, helps save the porcelain finish, and makes dumping ash a breeze. Next to the Vortex, it's the best gizmo I've bought for the Kettle.

Point for sure.

Chris.

When it’s all said and done, my favorite way to eat yard bird is a bbq’d chicken thigh.
Same here! Plus it’s cheap!

That’s a nice lookin light meal, great job. The color on those thighs were awesome in my opinion
Thanks! Simple meal! And my daughter loves it!

They look good!
Thanks!

Justin those thighs look great. I wish my daughter's birthday dinner requests were that simple when she was growing up. The kettle strikes again.

Someday you may want to look into Weber's charcoal baskets. They're great for indirect cooking/smoking, inexpensive, helps save the porcelain finish, and makes dumping ash a breeze. Next to the Vortex, it's the best gizmo I've bought for the Kettle.

Point for sure.

Chris.
Thanks bud! I was curious how the vortex would perform. And I will check Lowe’s if they sell the charcoal baskets. But, been using indirect heat this way for years...

That is a delicious looking meal!
Great job!
And Happy Birthday to your daughter!!
Al
Thanks Al! She loved the meal and enjoyed the warm summer day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky