Silly pellet question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
I never thought the day would come that I would be shopping for pellets. However, I bought one of those amaze-tubes. My initial intention was to buy it soley for smoking pork belly for bacon in myMES30. So I guess this is a multiple-choice question. I was fixing on buying a bag of Apple blend as that’s what I prefer and the chip burn and myMES30 is tedious at best.
While I’m at a Lowe’s, was also thinking about buying a bag of oak blend as I am trying to hunt down a Brisket point to do some burnt ends in my Kamado. Is it a general rule to use oak for brisket? Post oak is virtually impossible to find in the Fort Lauderdale area, or I’d consider using myOK joe reverse flow. I’ve gotten spoiled with my new Kamado since I am generally lazy I love the long burn time, but I’m not real tickled with the smoke I get out of it by just throwing chunks in. Do you think the tube would do Justice to af brisket point cause that sh#t is expensive right now and there’s just two of us.

Here are some general guide lines

I hope this helps. If this attachment does not upload send me your email address and I will send you the document via email.

John

Attachments

• Wood for smoking.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
While I’m at a Lowe’s, was also thinking about buying a bag of oak blend
I was in Lowes by me yesterday . They had some good prices on pellets .
I was looking for the Weber brand for my SmokeFire . 20 pounds for $8.00 . They also had 40 bags from Pit Boss for $6.00 .
Just depends on what you're looking for .

Geez, I’m in central FL & oak is very plentiful & cheap up here. I have several oak trees in my backyard & keep the dead branches for smoking. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 35 years & I don’t remember seeing any oaks down there. Check out Publix, they sell a bag of hardwood splits that is a mix of oak, hickory, & pecan for around $5.00.
Al

Geez, I’m in central FL & oak is very plentiful & cheap up here. I have several oak trees in my backyard & keep the dead branches for smoking. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 35 years & I don’t remember seeing any oaks down there. Check out Publix, they sell a bag of hardwood splits that is a mix of oak, hickory, & pecan for around $5.00.
Al

As hot as it gets down there, it's a wonder there are any trees around!!
Do you have to keep your splits in the shade to keep them from lighting up on their own? :emoji_wink::emoji_palm_tree::emoji_palm_tree::emoji_sunny:

Bear

Reactions: Winterrider
As hot as it gets down there, it's a wonder there are any trees around!!
Do you have to keep your splits in the shade to keep them from lighting up on their own? :emoji_wink::emoji_palm_tree::emoji_palm_tree::emoji_sunny:

Bear
:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I've got a "splits" section roped off in the garage. even though I've used my new kamado more than my offset OKJ recently.

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky