Shutterbug Thread (Photographers share your pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Did not see a photography thread so I thought I would start one. Post up your photography work. (Pro, amateur, cell phone, digital, film).

Here's a few of mine.

Longs Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park (14,259 ft above sea level)
LongsPeakPan1BW.jpg

7 photo composite, merged and edited in Photoshop.
Canon 7D w/ a Canon EF USM II 70-200mm w/ a 1.4x extender

F-22 Raptor (Pikes Peak Regional Airshow 2019)
raptor-00077.jpg

Canon 7D w/ Canon EF USM II 500mm Lens

Alligator Man in the French Quarter (Photo is an HDR image (High Dynamic Range - 3 different exposures merged together)
manstatue1920x1280.jpg

Canon 5D-MkII w/ a Canon EF f/4 USM II 24-105mm lens

Oh my Odin is a handsome little devil. We have a black cat named Jasminne. I always love to see people showing the love to black kitties. Thumbs up!

G

He is and he is a little beast as well.. I have had black cats all my life. I always thought I was lucky to find black cats until I found out that they were the least adopted cats.

Right now I have 3 black cats....

What are some photography tips you can give us?

Well that's pretty vague, but...

Invest in quality equipment. Canon/Nikon (or better).
Invest in quality glass (prime lens).
Invest in a tripod, monopod and a camera backpack.
Clean your gear regularly.
Compose your shots, never be hurried.
A good photographer takes their camera EVERYWHERE (work, car, etc). You never know when "THE SHOT" can occur.
take the time to learn your camera settings and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. With digital camera's, there's no longer such thing as a wasted shot or wasting film.
The only shots missed are the ones you don't take.
Be creative!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky