Shrimp & Lobster Ravioli

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ray, those look amazing/decadent, you pick the word. And they are a lot of work, but I bet the taste is out of this world. Oh, I liked your comment on your ice chest /broken frig, and the amount of patience that you have, too. Patience eludes me also.
Lynn
Right on all counts Lynn, they were delish, a runnin' ton of work, and tested what patience I have left! Everything seems to be harder and take more time as the years go by, tho I'm not going to complain about getting older, have known too many that were not as fortunate. Thank you for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Oh WOW! You hit all my buttons with this one! Seafood....ravioli......and Alfredo!! Very nice! Bet that was delicious!
Thanks Keith! I think Steve has you covered on the rav mold. I believe I recall paying $22 for mine, time fly's and everything costs more. Thanks for the Like Keith, I appreciate it. RAY

Man that looks great. I could tie into a plate or so of those. Jim
Thanks Jim, it's a nice treat for dinner and makes my wife happy, worth the effort! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Wow Ray, nice thread my friend… very impressive the way you made that! I’d have been all over a plate of that!
Thanks Justin! When I was a little kid I'd watch my Noni make ravioli, no tools, nothing electric, just hands that could perform miracles. Thank you for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

I was waiting for you to post this Ray. This had to have been an amazing meal!
Thanks Steve. I was debating with myself whether to post or not, not great camera work and I was really pooped out when all was finished. Thanks for covering for me on the ravioli mold too, it seems to have gone up in price a bit. Thanks for the Like too Steve, I appreciate it. RAY

Thanks Norm, sometimes the most simple meal can turn out to be memorable, a reward for the work. Thank you for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Ray those are simply astonishing!! Looks like 5 star meal is ready
Thanks Jeff! What took half a day to make was gone in mere minutes, we loved every morsel. Thanks for the like Jeff-ro, much appreciated! RAY

Dayum! That looks incredible. Great lob.
Thanks Dave, whenever the wife is happy I'm happy! RAY

100% awesomeness!!
Thanks Charlie, and thank you for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

WOW! Ray that looks delicious, I'd be all over that as well. Great work, thanks for sharing. You stay safe too my friend.
Thanks for the Like and kind words Mike, much appreciated! Covid is back in AZ, not that it ever went away, but we are the worst in the country. Back to the mask and hand washing after shopping, maybe forever. RAY

Great looking meal and love the ravioli press
if I showed this to Mona she might let me get the ravioli press, here's hoping David
Thanks David! Of course she'll allow you to get the ravioli press, you can't make ravs for her without one! RAY

Dungeness crab season was super late this year. And it’s over $10 lb. Yikes.
Your ravioli looks amazing and I bet it was fun to make. What a great meal!
Thanks Sven! They postponed the Dungy season due to whales getting caught up in crab traps. Now the season is open and with the rotten weather a lot of traps will get lost, boats can't get out of the harbor, prices will climb even higher. Thanks for the Like Sven, I do appreciate it. RAY

Fantastic Ray ! Nice work on that . I’ll be doing some beef next week when my son can help . That had to be a great meal . How much wider is the KA roller than the Marcato ?
Thanks Rich! I'm not giving up on the Atlas, someone on my staff has offered to assist on the condition I stay a little more patient than usual. We'll see, I usually like the kitchen to myself, but beggars can't be choosers. I think the Marcato and KA roller are the exact same size and with Jan's help I'll be able to roll out a longer sheet with less aggravation. The real pisser was that when I got finished there was no cold beer due to the busted fridge, now there's cold Rolling Rocks in the ice cooler. Thank you for the Like amigo, much appreciated

I think the Marcato and KA roller are the exact same size
Hmm . I asked because I see how much yours hangs over the sides . Mine doesn't seem
to be that wide .
1673206191408.jpeg
someone on my staff has offered to assist on the condition I stay a little more patient than usual
I like to roll by myself . I know you're not new to this , but just keep it dusted up . For me the big help comes in filling the trays .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Excellent looking meal! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks tbern tbern , and thanks for the like, much appreciated. RAY

Ray, I too, am glad you posted this.
Outstanding amigo.

Stu
Thanks Stu! As we discussed the other day the tough part was having to stand for so long, old carpenters don't often have strong backs. I think in the future I'll take chopsaw chopsaw Rich's advice and do the ravs like making sausage, break it down over a couple of days work. Break out the roller Stu, Meredith will be happy! Thanks for the Like buddy, much appreciated. RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Hmm . I asked because I see how much yours hangs over the sides . Mine doesn't seem
to be that wide .
I like to roll by myself . I know you're not new to this , but just keep it dusted up . For me the big help comes in filling the trays .
I just went and checked Rich, 5&5/8" on both, must be some kind of standard. I also like the kitchen to myself. My biggest problem was brushing the water on the rav form before putting on the top sheet of dough. So much nerve damage in my shoulders I shake like a leaf in a hurricane. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Great job Ray! I'm glad you posted as well! Think I would like some raviolis! Already have the pasta machine for KA. And thanks to Steve H Steve H our friend and enabler I know where to get the press at!
Not only that but a pasta drying rack too...except for some reason my wife thought I said possum hanging rack!

Ryan

Great job Ray! I'm glad you posted as well! Think I would like some raviolis! Already have the pasta machine for KA. And thanks to Steve H Steve H our friend and enabler I know where to get the press at!
Not only that but a pasta drying rack too...except for some reason my wife thought I said possum hanging rack!

Ryan
I don't have a drying rack yet. Time to shoot down the enabler!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks awesome.. I will take a plate or 3 !!
One plate to a customer Mike, was a good deal but still not cheap! Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Ryan
There you go Ryan, sounds like you are ready to roll! The pasta rack really comes in handy for the fresh fettuccini, you will love it!
RAY

DSCN4001.JPG

Absolutely amazing Ray...as always. I was gonna hold off getting a ravioli set-up till I had a bit more practice making the dough. Nope, not any more you enabler you :emoji_wink: I made a batch of the dough using your recipe and the semolina flour and was amazed at how well it worked out.so simple, so delicious, and the easiest dough to work with. Rolled out beautifully so the confidence level has increased...thank you!!
No picture, can't use a rolling pin and camera simultaneously
Slacker :emoji_laughing:

Off to visit Amazon,
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky