shoulder blade style ribs(country)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
here is my first documented adventure

2.7 lbs blade ribs
rub

2 tbl paprika
2 tbl brown sugar
1 tbl salt
2 tbl garlic powder
1 tbl onion powder
3/4 tbl cumin
1 tbl cayenne pepper
2 tbl chili powder
2 tbl fresh cracked black pepper
1 tbl italian seasoning

i think thats it...didnt write it down so quantities could be a little different..lol

going to smoke them with some apple chips tomorrow

let us know, little lady hates gitting "dirty" eating so I always have to do some country ribs just for her when I do "real ribs" he he heheheeh but it keeps her happy......
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

hmmm my update disappeared...oh well... i will do it all at once then..lol

my smoker didnt come today so i had to improvise... i wanted some smoke real bad...lol

had an old gas grill that didnt work,,, so i used that for some indirect heat with some lump charcoal

about 2+hrs in

getting ready to put in foil for the oven...meat is not as dark as the camera show..

thats why i cut then end off of the one in the picture... it was still juicy

in the oven now mixed with an apple juice,pineapple juice and coke mixture

beans are a close to being done... a little sweet for me (grabbed a can of maple ones), also bacon was maple smoked (on pkg it said hickory smoked..lol)

i have been cooking country style ribs on the grill for years and have learned low and slow with those...makes them always juicy

here it is... it was very good...going to be better next time on the smoker

the missus prefers dry rubs - and i have another pack of these in the freezer..

i was really impressed with the smoke ring

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky