Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eddiememphis

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Denver
Cold today but, gotta smoke!

IMG_1102-M.jpg

Dry brined the bones last night. Rubbed this morning.

59241544995__E3D239B9-119E-4947-A06E-4697D7C0FACD-M.jpg

IMG_1103-M.jpg

Finally hot

IMG_1108-M.jpg

Temperature was fluctuating wildly- it was windy and snowing. I tossed an old* Army blanket on it to try to keep the cold wind out.

IMG_1111-M.jpg

Made some slaw in the mean time. That's a pound of cabbage in a large bowl.

Started at 170° but it was too cold. The grill temperature was jumping around every time the wind blew. I bumped it up to 180° and tossed the wool blankie on it and it held steady for the next five hours.

The bones still didn't hit 202° so I brought them inside and put them in the oven. Once done, I took Popcorn for a walk as they rested.

59244752623__4EFDD8AE-AB36-43C4-9F70-C58B2DBF0669-M.jpg

We came back and had some very tasty bones.

IMG_1110-M.jpg

*By old, I mean old. They are true Army issue wool, probably from the 50's. I still have two of them. Very heavy. each one weighs about two pounds. Best blanket ever.

Eddie They look like they have some meat on them nice job
Richie
Oh you can keep that white stuff

No snow here yet, but we've had a few mornings with a heavy frost - so it's a coming. Those ribs look awfully good nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

No shame in gett'n 'er done in the oven. looks like you cot some color and smoke on them. Ill bet they were good! Like!

Look awesome!! Love the layout of your post was enjoyable to read. Also love the inclusion of your little helper :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky