SHORT RIBS WITH A TWIST!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Not really but they did have a "twist" to them!

I had picked these up last weekend and couldnt wait to cook them. I followed Bearcarver Bearcarver . Way of cooking them with a foil sauce but just a bit different. I went hot and fast at 300°. And instead of using a teriyaki I used TGI fridays whiskey sauce in the mix. I also only used salt and pepper for a rub. I took chilerelleno chilerelleno . Advice of using 2:1 hickory to mesquite woods.
Here they are all seasoned up.
0920201307.jpg

About 2hr in I cracked the lid on the drum to take a peak.....this is where the " twist" comes into play....they were all twisted up! I expected to see some pull back from the bones but this is just crazy!
0920201649d.jpg

After about 3.5 HR I pulled them off and put in a pan. I added apple juice wochestishire and the whiskey sauce.
0920201702_HDR.jpg

They went another 2 hours wrapped
Here they are unwrapped
0920201857_HDR.jpg

Then cut up!
0920202016.jpg

Ryder cant wait to dig in!!
0920201953.jpg

No plated pics(sorry) but we also had bacon wrapped loaded taters and some mac n cheese. All done on the smoker.
0920201950a.jpg
0920201950.jpg

The whole meal was awesome! The ribs were great! The smoke flavor was perfect! Cant wait to do the other rack in the freezer!

Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

• 0920201653b_HDR.jpg
    0920201653b_HDR.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 7
Looks pretty tasty! I do ribs hot and fast often.....cause I’m impatient lol

Travis just call them the Chubby Checker ribs. Excellent looking ribs and Ryder approve. It doesn't get any better then that.

Point for sure
Chris

That all looks fantastic . I've had the sauce at the restaurant . It's good .

Looks darn good! Your short ribs had more meat to them than mine. And Ryder looks like a happy camper!
Jim

Great looking meal Travis! It all looks wonderful. I'd have a huge smile on my face too...just not as cute as Ryder is!

Ryan

Damn those look fantabulous!
Great work Travis, those must've been awesome.
Love the taters too.
Thanks chile! Taters were good. Had them with some sour cream and green onion. The wood combo on the ribs worked out really nice!
Looks pretty tasty! I do ribs hot and fast often.....cause I’m impatient lol
Thanks civilsmoker ! I wanted to try them unwrapped but I knew I was pressed for time.
Travis just call them the Chubby Checker ribs. Excellent looking ribs and Ryder approve. It doesn't get any better then that.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Ive been singing that in my head all morning now! Lol!
Wow! They look incredible.
thanks Brian ! They were awesome!

That is one fine looking meal there!
Al
Thanks Al! It was tasty!
Looks like a wonderful meal Travis, nice piece of work! RAY
Thank you Ray!
That all looks fantastic . I've had the sauce at the restaurant . It's good .
Thanks chop! That sauce is pretty good. I made some jalapeno meatballs in the crock pot a while back with it. They were great!
Man o man do those look great and the taters look good too.

Warren
Thanks Warren ! Those taters were great!

Looks darn good! Your short ribs had more meat to them than mine. And Ryder looks like a happy camper!
Jim
Thanks Jim! Ryder was excited! I think he ate more than I did! Lol!
Great looking meal Travis! It all looks wonderful. I'd have a huge smile on my face too...just not as cute as Ryder is!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan ! He gets the cuteness from his mom not me! Lol!

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky