Short Ribs N Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
West Liberty, Iowa
This is what a little boredom can lead to. Life is good!

391208b2_RibsNWings.jpg

Holy Sh~~~~t,

You gotta get you a half dozen more shelves in that smoker there Arnie!

Looks Great,

Bear

I rubbed them both with “Jeff’s Naked Rib Rub”. I let the ribs set in the fridge overnight.

I let the wings set for 2 hours before covering them with a sauce made up of 1 half pound of butter, a quarter cup of molasses, a half cup of Franks Hot Sauce, and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I let them swim in that concoction for a couple of hours before loading them both in the smoker with a couple chunks of cherry and a chunk of hickory.

At two hours the wings were 160⁰ so I pulled them off and performed a quality control check.

At three hours the ribs were 160⁰ so I pulled them off and foiled them with a cup of beef stock.

I put the ribs back in the smoker for 3 more hours at 250⁰.

When the ribs were 200⁰ I pulled them out of the smoker, left them in the foil, sealed them in Tupperware, and stuffed them in the fridge.

The following day I took them to a party in a roaster.

When they were both warm I dusted the wings with flour, salt, and pepper before frying in 350⁰ oil.

This was the first time I fried my smoked wings. I don’t think I’ll do that again.

My camera died, so the pictures of the final product didn’t make it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky