Short rib Dino bones

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masssmoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 8, 2016
Massachusetts
I smoked a short rib yesterday. Came out really nice. A bit salty, I need to cut back on that aspect but other than that was really good. Did it on my pellet for about 8 hours, foiled at 165, pulled at 203. Rested a bit and then chow time!

IMG-1964.jpg
IMG-1962.jpg

Those are some big ribs and looks like they were cooked to perfection. Nice job

I smoked a short rib yesterday. Came out really nice. A bit salty, I need to cut back on that aspect but other than that was really good. Did it on my pellet for about 8 hours, foiled at 165, pulled at 203. Rested a bit and then chow time!

View attachment 662100View attachment 662101
looks great. I've been wanting to try that with the "shorties at my local market Right now when thy have dinoslabs they're asking $10.99/lb. Ther shorties are $7.99. I figue i'd do em the same way n see how it goes...

Reactions: Marknmd
looks great. I've been wanting to try that with the "shorties at my local market Right now when thy have dinoslabs they're asking $10.99/lb. Ther shorties are $7.99. I figue i'd do em the same way n see how it goes...
My experience with the shorties is they are more difficult than the plate because they want to dry out so easily. I have not mastered the shorties yet, but I have a package in my 'fridge right now. I'm gonna wrap them real early and see if that solves the problem.

Y’all are killing me with all the beef rib posts! You nailed it. I really need to thaw some out.

Looks like a winner to me.

Point for sure
Chris

Oh man, those look delicious! I have wanted to cook those for some time. maybe it is time to reach a little out of my comfort zone...

anyway, great job, they look wonderful!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky