Shocking: newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

markmaciejewski

Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Milwaukee, Wi
Good afternoon.  Just wanted to say that this is a wonderful site for an absolute ametur like me.  I recently bought a Brinkmann 2 door smoker.  After alot or research, this was the best smoker for my budget.  Everyone I talked to said say away from charcoal until you're "experienced".  Just the time and experience you need for the charcoal, not to mention patience. anyway, My name is Mark, I livein Oak Creek, WI.  Oak Creek is a suburb of Milwaukee, south side.  I have my meat experience in sausage.  twice a year, my family and I make sausages, usually totalling 400 pounds (finnished) per making.  Polish, Brat and mild Itailan is what we make.  I've recently started making snack sticks and Hungarian on my own.  hence, the new smoker.  I'm a Union Plumber by trade, I have 2 litlle girls (3,5) and have been married for 7 years on the 17th of this month.  Looking forward to meeting some of you, and hopefully I'll get to be as close to a professional as most of you are.

Mark

:welcome1: to SMF. If you want to learn it these folks can teach it. You've come to the right place. I suggest the 5-day E-course for starters. It really set me up on some things I was doing wrong and got me cooking better meat .

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

welcome1.gif
Mark and enjoy yourself.Sounds like some of us will be coming to you for help with sausages
biggrin.gif

Have fun and,

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Also for those of you new to smoking,  Get a good Probe Thermometer as we smoke by Temperature NOT TIME.

A good choice for a remote dual probe thermometer is the Maverick ET-732

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky