shipping cheese??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jojo22

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
Canton Ohio
How would one go about shipping smoked cheese? I have a few friends in Michigan (I'm in Ohio) that want some for Christmas, is it possible to ship and how?

Cool!! I don't have a vacuum packer, but I'll use a straw and Ziploc baggie!!

I have shipped my homemade smoked mozzarella by putting it in a small collapsible cooler with reuseable gel packets and shipped 2 day. Recipient said it was still cold when she got it.

Reactions: jojo22
icon_cool.gif

I have started shipping full meals and I use the vaccum packed and the chem-ice packages and it works great. The main thing I learned right of the bat is you have to get the address right. That speeds it up alot too.

Good thread, and as always, lots of good info. I'm also looking to ship some stuff during the holidays and this is very helpful info.

Yep, I've done the same for my college students (for a little taste of home, don't ya know!  -- home = smoke).  Vacuum pack and wrap in gel ice packs. 2 day delivery.  Just make sure they know it's coming so it doesn't sit around and get too warm.

Thanks for all the additional tips!! I think it would be fine left outside this time of year....LOL!! But will let you all know how the shipping adventure goes!

I have shipped my homemade smoked mozzarella by putting it in a small collapsible cooler with reuseable gel packets and shipped 2 day. Recipient said it was still cold when she got it.
So what happened to mine?

Cool!! I don't have a vacuum packer, but I'll use a straw and Ziploc baggie!!

You should really try to find someone with a sealer - it will help extend the life of the cheese a lot

Last edited:
Well I believe that I could be 'coaxed' into being a shipment recieving test dummy.  Send some to me by various means and I will critique for free!! Yes, for FREE!! I would even share the cost of shipping if asked...LOLOL
sausage.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky