Sheet metal doo-dad's/BBQ tools

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
OK.... so at Christmas I was down at my folks house and was talking to my step-dad about how work was going. He does specialty interior and exterior sheet metal work for residential and commercial buildings..... and needless to say he hasn't had much work this past year.

Then it dawned on me that "Hey, here is a guy with a complete sheet metal shop and time on his hands looking for stuff to make! So after a quick brainstorm I left him with a sketch for a small sheet metal "pocket" that will hold my two Redi-Check transmitters that I can attach to the side of my WSM.

I showed him the SMF forum and we talked about some of the things that he could easily make and fab for people: brackets, holders, pepper racks, chip boxes, ect. all out of 316 SS. So if any of you folks can think up stuff you might like to have made PM me a quick sketch or something and I will pass it on and hopefully be able to get back to you with a price.

The name of his bussiness is Apache Metal, located in Phoenix, OR.

FYI - a great way to model stuff and get the fit you want is to use cardboard to create a template of the sheet metal piece you want, then you can check for fit and have something to measure.

icon_cool.gif

Now there should be a boat load of stuff he can make to the good folks here. Great Job there Johnny.

icon_cool.gif

Now there should be a boat load of stuff he can make to the good folks here. Great Job there Johnny.
My thoughts exactly! Another idea I had was to have him make me a stainless steel topper I can screw down or glue to an outdoor kitchen cart.... the ideas are limitless... lol.

how about some kind of utencil holder or a spray bottle hanger...paper towel holder..heat glove hangers...the ideas are limitless!!!

how about an ABT holder to fit various grills/smokers?   Personnally theres noting dumber then a 6-8 ABT holder in the shape of a pig or Texas!

Imagine the potential and capacity of a well designed (layed out) 21" dia holder on the Weber?  Or a perfect fit in the slides of your GOSM.

Lets see some pics of his work.

Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky